So, the shortlist for our next Shorts Showcase has been decided. We've sifted through over 150 short films from across the globe, featuring a broad variety of styles, stories and innovative approaches to making short films. Needless to say, plucking ten films from the pack was not an easy task. That said, the ones we have chosen were undoubtedly deserving of being shortlisted.
So here they are, in no particular order...
1. The Supper (Russia, dir. Alexander Evseev)
2. Mutt (US, dir. Nicholas Santos)
3. Typesetter Blues (Canada, dir. Hector Herrera)
4. Finest Hour (Ukraine, dir. Vadym Sapatrylo)
5. Tri-Circ-Circ (South Africa, dir. Brad Reilly)
6. We Are What We Feel (Russia, dir. Artyom Arestov)
7. The Beginning Is Nigh (UK, dir. Rupert van den Broek)
8. The Hippo (US, dir. Jeremy Lynch)
9. Grey (Canada, dir. Andre Rehal)
10. Glossolalia (US, dir. Benjamin Disinger)
Our esteemed panel will be deliberating over the films over the next few days. The winner will be announced on October 1st.
WATCH THE SHORTLIST HERE